Stop Using Your Phone While It’s Charging! You Can Get Serious Injuries!
Injuries from a cell phone are quite rare, but they do happen!
Not so long ago there was an article published about 13 year old girl named Gabbie Fedro. When the charger of her cellphone overheated, she got second – degree burns. Namely, she had LG d500 which she had received as a gift for Christmas.
One ordinary night her father heard Gabbie screaming and immediately ran into her bedroom.
“She came running downstairs after it happened grabbing her neck. She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically”, stated her mother. As a matter of fact, there were other cases when the phone chargers have proven dangerous.
Experts explain that majority of the injuries are caused by the phone’s lithium – ion batteries overheating which ended with explosions or burns.
Another accident happened in June 2014 when USB phone charger caused the death of Sheryl Anne Aldeguer from Australia, mother of two children. Investigation proved that she was killed after the faulty charger sent a high current through her body throughout the headphones while she was speaking on the phone. On a similar way, her phone had been plugged into a wall socket.
This incident should raise the awareness at people that cheap electronics. This also encouraged Fair Trading to warn the people about the sale of unapproved USB chargers in New South Wales.
Toddler from Colorado in 2010 put an Apple USB cable into her mouth and suffered third – degree burns. The explanation why this incident happened is because the cable was plugged into a laptop at the time.
There is another shocking case that happened in 2013. Woman was electrocuted while she was using a faulty charger. It is interesting that this case was investigated by Apple after which the Chinese consumers were warned that they shouldn’t use third – party chargers.
Still, it is important to mention that there is no danger if you use properly working mobile phone and charging unit.
It is fact that many people are using their mobile phone while it is still charging without incident or injury. Nowadays people are using smart phones constantly and not only for making phone calls, but for many other activities such as playing games, taking pictures and so on.