For every problem there is a solution – many would say. Indeed so, at least when it comes to boiled eggs. This is a fantastic trick that will make life easier. Experts say an eggs between 7 and 10 days old are ideal for cooking and easiest to peel. Surely you’ve noticed how some eggs peel without problems, and the other, even though they were in the same box, you have such trouble to peel them.
To avoid such unpleasant surprises, while in boiling water, add a teaspoon of baking soda. Older eggs are more alkaline and therefore are peeled easily, but with fresh is the other way around, or less alkaline, so there is a problem with removing the shell. Baking soda will increase the alkalinity and later you will peel them without any problem.
Some other tricks for perfect boiled eggs:
– If you do not know how old the eggs are, try this trick – put them in the water and see how they behave. If they sink to the side (in landscape mode), then they are very fresh. If they sink, or stand vertically – then are perfect for cooking. The eggs that are old.
– Warming the eggs before placing in hot water is a good trick against cracking. This can be done in two ways – such to remove them from the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature or put them in hot tap water for a few minutes. The extreme change in temperature is the main cause of cracking the shell when cooking.
– If you want to get hard-boiled eggs, the safest to put them in cold water and only then start to cook. The chances of cracking the shell then are very small.
– Want to get eggs with a soft yolk inside, then spoon them slowly put in hot water and measure time. Depending on the size of the eggs, you will need about three minutes.
– Make sure that all the eggs submerged when cooking otherwise it will not be equally cooked. Also, if you overcook eggs, then around the yolk it will be greenish, and the egg will be rubberier.
– After cooking insert eggs into cold bath – in cold water or cold water into which you insert ice cubes. And that helps it easier peeling.
– Want to get scrambled eggs in the shell, then shake the eggs well before cooking. This method of preparation is called the “golden egg” because the interior gets uniform yellow color, says Food Hacks Daily.